Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Laying in bed with tears soaking into my pillow I realized ... "I'm a 27 year old mother who is currently throwing a temper tantrum because I think my way is best. I really need a time-out." then I realized I had closed myself in my room and was laying in bed... I was in time-out. 

We've had our "plan" as to how this summer was going work out as far as employment. We had NO doubt in our mind that this was the way it was going to happen. Then one afternoon Ben found out that since our semester ended a bit later than a lot of schools his boss had to give the job to someone else. Just that morning I had a smile on my face as I told Ben, "whether our finances come from your job, our savings, a gift, or out of nowhere it's God who's giving it to us - so why worry?" Well, that attitude was much easier for me to keep when I "knew" he had a job. Was I actually putting my faith in God? Or was I placing my faith in myself and Ben? 

This change in plans forced me to realize that I knew the right attitude to have, but I hadn't let it get to my heart. The next day this article was posted on the New Tribes Mission website. Read it. She puts it so much better than I can. 



“I was an inexperienced tightrope walker who the Lord asked to, by faith, walk out with Him on the tightrope. And the clinic was my safety net.”

The clinic was Nikki's safety net, and Ben's job was mine. God's desire is that we trust Him and that we open up our sweaty, white knuckled fists and let Him take over every area of our lives. Right now He's asking that I trust Him with our finances, and I'm trusting that He has a plan. What areas will He ask me to give over to Him in the future? or maybe a better question - What areas am I clinging onto the reigns with all my might? He is worthy of our faith. He's the real safety net.
Romans 8:6-8 (NLT) - So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will. That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God. 

No comments: