Thursday, August 21, 2008
-VBS (God's Big Backyard)
-Ozark Race Days: This is like a fair that we have in our town every year, and for the second year in a row Ben has been in charge of making sure the kid's area (run by church volunteers) runs smoothly.
-We are starting to lead a community group (small group of young adults that meets on Sunday night) along with Dallas & Heather.
Other life happenings;
-A couple months ago we had car troubles that were going to cost us $1500, and when we went to pay the bill, we discovered that someone had already paid it! What a huge surprise that was. It was such a major blessing because we had been so excited just the week before to have finally paid off all of our credit card debt.
-We've started visiting the local farmers' market every Saturday - it is so fun, we will probably post more about this later.
Atalie's growing like a weed, and going to be one year old in 8 days. My heart hurts a little to admit that. I can't believe that it's already been a year. She's crawling everywhere, and about to start walking. She know's just how to pull at Daddy's heart strings now, too. When he's putting his shoes on for work she'll crawl and make flirty eyes at him, then follow him to the door and wave. I think it almost chokes him up every time. People at work keep reminding him that it only gets worse. Soon she'll be saying, " I go work with you, Daddy?" She's our little princess, but we do our best not to let it get to her head. :)
Saturday, May 03, 2008
It cracks us up when that pouty lip shoots out! But seriously, it broke our hearts too - we couldn't do it for long. I love the last frame, with Gina smooching all over her.
Oh yeah, you might want to turn your volume down a little before you push play. We are not responsible for any broken glass that may result from this film.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
This is Atalie in the dress she wore for her dedication on the 20th. She was so cute, I was worried that she would get in front of church and see all those people looking at her and get overwhelmed! I think the opposite happened though, she loves the attention.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Work at Dixie has been picking up. The first months of the tourist season are always slow but it has at least been somewhat of an income, compared to none in January & February.
We have been definitely kept busy by Atalie, she is growing like a weed lately, and she does something new every couple of days. We think she is getting really close to crawling...she sits up on her own and does this scooting motion, and sometimes when she's reaching for something she'll lean forward so far that she ends up on her hands & knees... we love it.
Now Gina's the one who's recovering from the flu/lung cough thing. There are no more of us left who can catch it, so hopefully this means it's going away for good.
Monday, April 14, 2008
"Time for some push-ups! We're on our way to a beach body now!"
"All done, make sure you stay stretched out."
"See you on the beach!"
Monday, April 07, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Late last night we heard stirring from Atalie's room. We peered in the door, and found her playing in her jumperoo!! Boy, oh boy was she surprised!! Okay, so not really. She was playing in the living room in the afternoon, and I tried to block the flash just a bit, and ended up with this picture by accident. I think it turned out pretty darn cute, for an accident. :)
Ben has been sick for a few days now, and I've been coming down with it. Atalie's still doing well, we're praying that she doesn't catch it. Poor thing has been so bored with us sick. We tried to get her to make us some soup, but that didn't turn out too well. :D
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Friday, March 07, 2008
1. We've only been doing the blog thing for about a year, and at first we used it mainly as family updates for friends & family that weren't directly nearby. We still occasionally post updates about what's going on with us, but as many of you know, about 6 months ago (at the time of this writing) we added a member of the Brendle family, thus basic thing you should know #2:
2. Atalie. We have loved every minute of being Atalie's parents and we just can't help it when she does something new. I think we have recently reached the bazillionth baby picture milestone on the computer and there's no stopping. Anyway the point is I hope we don't look like obsessive "you must look at all my baby pictures" people, but here's the simple reason for all the baby posts - it's easy! I mean, when you don't feel like coming up with a bunch of things to write about, she's an easy target...just snap a picture or twenty and voila! (viola? waalaah?) A blog post.
3. Photography. Both of us are pretty creative people, I (Ben) am the computer nerd so I love image editing and all the digital fun stuff, and Gina has shown me an artsy side that just blows me away sometimes. This most commonly manifests itself in pictures... oh do we love to take pictures. Sometimes we will post either about photography, or just with a bunch of pictures that we think are fun.
4. Actual meaningful thoughts. Yes this is fourth in the list because, let's face it...putting thought into what we write takes time, and time is something that we usually tend to spend on other stuff, leaving the poor blog to sit for days or weeks on end untouched. This is a trend that I would like to stop, because I'm beginning to find the value in writing down thoughts daily, however it's anyone's guess what will really happen. For now, you may occasionally find some insight into our brains.
5. Who writes each post? Well this is a good question. We are terrible about identifying who in the heck is writing. Will we get better? Doubt it. We each have pretty identifiable writing styles I think, so if you want, we challenge you to figure out who wrote what. Who posts the most? I'd say that we probably split the posting 50/50, but we tend to run it past each other for proofreading and 'should I post this?' type editing.
Hope that was helpful :) Hooray LifePoint!
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Sunday, March 02, 2008
So in order to clean her up without getting it all over her, we had to cut the bottom half of her undershirt off. She tends to have explosive diapers but this is the first piece of clothing we've had to destroy. Oh well it was worth it to not have to clean it up! Plus the belly shirt looked pretty cute.
Friday, February 22, 2008
The first is a recipe for "Baked Southwest Sandwiches" from my friend, Louise.
Baked Southwest Sandwiches
1 Can chopped black olives, drained
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup low fat mayonaise
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions
8 slices Italian bread (or hamburger buns)
3/4-1lb thinly sliced turkey
2 medium tomatos, thinly sliced
2 ripe avocados, sliced
3/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture; top with avocados and cheeses. Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings
Almost No Fat Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 egg whites
1 cup banana, mashed
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add egg whites, bananas, applesauce, vanilla, almond extract and salt; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
This little bird visited our balcony yesterday. We have a bird feeder set up and he's our first visitor.
We took a trip down to Branson this morning. When we got back, all of this ice was gone.
When we tried to move the car, we heard a terrible scraping sound underneath. I pulled this solid ice boulder out from under the front bumper!
Atalie loves snoozing on car rides, she didn't even notice the hat.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Oh yeah, and my ice scraper broke. So I guess we're walking for a while. :)